Monday, August 11, 2008

Robert Piguet baghari

How is it possible that a fragrance can express what words cannot ? An image , a definition of who you are , a part of you heretofore undiscovered ? When you smell it , you become more than what you were , defined , expanded , completed.
There are not many fragrances that I truly adore , and none I loved upon first sniff like Baghari . Spring Fling brought me a sample , but I didn't immediately open it , I had not cared for Visa last fall . At home a few days later I opened the vial and sniffed...inhaling the gentle , powdery aroma and falling under it's spell . I dropped the vial on the ceramic tile and it broke . I cried . Then I got down on the floor and wiped my arms in the puddle , gently picking glass shards out of my arms . This was LOVE . LEMMING , LEMMING , LEMMING . I e-mailed Christen to see if she loved it like I did , no , she would send me her samp...HALLELUIAH !!
WHERE DO I GET THIS ?
Enter Joe Garces , president of Robert Piguet .... Love you Joe .
Baghari edp opens on a brief alcohol note but quickly smooths out and lifts the orange blossom and aldehydes to tickle my nose . I am enveloped in a cloud of floral muskiness as soft as a baby's cheek . Baghari parfum stays close to the skin , is so well blended , it's smooth edges caress the skin gently . It does not last as long as I would like , but now I proudly own the edp , parfum , body lotion and silky shower lotion . I find the lotion lasts at least 8 hours . Layered with the edp , it's perfect , and never in your face . You must lean close for the privelidge of this one . The edp is somewhat sweeter than the parfum .


The final fragrance created in 1950 by Robert Piguet before his death, Baghari is a classic soft floral, beloved by women who are frankly romantic, feminine and young at heart. Baghari is an ecstatic balance of innocence and voluptuousness, sparkle and warmth in a dazzling fragrance to captivate hearts. Robert Piguet gave the detailed and loving attention of his unerring sense of taste and style to Baghari, the last fragrance launched during his lifetime.
Noted for his elegance and style, fashion designer Robert Piguet drew upon his sense of drama when it came to the creation of his perfumes. Bandit, his first scent, was a daring chypre, introduced at its inception by masked models carrying toy guns. Then came Fracas, his classic white floral redolent with tuberose and adored by a coterie of elegant and celebrated women. And now Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics is thrilled to reintroduce Baghari, the final fragrance launched by Robert Piguet before failing health forced him to close his fashion house in 1951.
THE ORIGINAL MASTER PERFUMER
Robert Piguet chose Master Perfumer Francis Fabron to work on the creation of Baghari with him. Mr. Fabron was known for his aldehydics, like L’Interdit, which he created for Givenchy as Audrey Hepburn’s signature scent. His compositions are in the so-called French style, very polished and feminine, delicately powdered. He is best known for Nina Ricci’s L’Air du Temps and Balenciaga’s Le Dix. Robert Piguet with his unerring discernment, chose the perfect perfumer to work with him on Baghari, a quintessentially feminine and romantic soft floral fragrance, ideally suited to the woman who is young at heart.



BAGHARI’S CONTEMPORARY MASTER PERFUMER
We knew we needed just the right “nose” to rebalance this very special fragrance. We found him in Aurélien Guichard, a young master perfumer who is part of the Fine Fragrance Team of Givaudan in Paris. Aurélien was appropriately born in Grasse, the center of the great tradition of “Haute Parfumerie.” He discovered his passion for composing fragrances while working for Givaudan in New York City. He joined the Fragrance Team after three years’ study at the Givaudan Perfumery School. Since then he has created Love in Paris and Les Belles-Cherry Fantasy for Nina Ricci, as well as several other successful fragrances. Along with his obvious talent, we were drawn to Aurélian’s commitment to honoring Piguet’s original vision, his sensitivity to all the nuances and complexities of Baghari, and his familiarity with contemporary tastes. Aurélian undertook the delicate process of adapting Baghari’s original formula to respond to today’s sensibilities. The result: a modern classic fragrance destined to last forever.

If I haven't worn this at any time during the day , I put the parfum on when I go to bed....I cannot live without this , I may have to work for Robert Piguet .






Thank you Joe !!
photo of Joe in Firenze by Karen Adams

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

meow! that young perfumer is really cute! This wasn't just a lemon for you I think you drank the kool aide :)

Anonymous said...

lemming. not lemon

waftbyCarol said...

I drank something...

waftbyCarol said...

must've been the baghari I drank ...did I mention I'm a fragrance fanatic ?

Anonymous said...

Carol - enjoying your new blog. Especially your trip to Italy. Just a little (lot) jealous.

I hope you don't mind seeing a trackback to my blog for your Baghari review. Great stuff! (both your comments and your blog). Can't wait to read more.

- Wendy (Sakecat)

waftbyCarol said...

Thanks for reading Wendy...more from Italy next week , about our day trip to Chianti !

waftbyCarol said...

Thanks for reading Wendy...more from Italy next week , about our day trip to Chianti !

Saturday's Swatch said...

Hi thhanks for sharing this