Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sous Le Vent " In the Wind "


This is not a floral fragrance . Guerlain Sous Le Vent was created by Jaques Guerlain himself and released in 1933 . Re-released as a limited edition in 2006 , it rests in a blocky art deco bottle of large quantity and has been on my lemming list for almost a year . ( Split , anyone ? )
Anyway , I am counting on Jason to warn me if the last bottle is about to disappear off the shelves of the Bergdorf boutique . My decant from Nancy is lasting , but the lemming just won't go away .
Putting this fragrance on is like resting my head on my boyfriend's shoulder . He's wearing a leather jacket and some herbal , peppery basil cologne from the 40's...the top is down on his convertible , the trees are swishing by as the suns dips below the horizon . We park in the shade of one of those grand old maple trees...he puts the converible top up and turns off the car....meow...

*wink *
purrrrrrrrr...........
Sous Le Vent features notes of basil, bergamot, lavender, tarragon, carnation, oakmoss, iris, woods, patchouli.

No comments: