Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Washington Tremlett Clove Absolute

Cloves can be really strong and incessant .
I'm not real fond of it . In the right combination ,
as in Chai Tea , cloves are deep , complex and warming .
I sorta shied away from Clove Absolute , because , well , it sounded clove-y .
On first sniff , Clove Absolute was rich , spicy and complex . It reminded me of Prada Oiellet parfum , which I love . The over-dose of heliotrope up top is over-whelming !!
The incense-rose thankfully kicks in quickly to send the heliotrope to the curb...that mid-phase I love and I don't get that much clove . I think there's lots of hidden lavender in this , it's not listed , but...
I can smell the cistus trying to sneak in , but it never really does to my satisfaction . The incense holds pretty steady and I really like this composition over all .
I'm thinking this would open up more when sprayed .
Will I need a bottle ? I think I'd rather have the Prada .

Notes :
Lemon, Heliotrope, Rose, Incense, Clove Absolute, Patchouli, Vanilla Absolute, Cistus Absolute, Musk

No comments: