Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New Discoveries of old formulations

Though I have not been blogging regularly , I always search out new things to sniff . Finding creative ways to acquire samples and decants is challenging . My large garden , chickens , ducks , fruit trees , honey bees ( and all the chores that entails ) keep me busy , entertained ( you can't believe how hilarious ducks are...) and satisfied . The pantry shelves are full of garden produce . But going shopping at Barney's in Seattle ? Out of my price range . Lucky me though , I have friends in perfume places and they send me stuff . And I send them stuff .
My favorite fragrances are chypres , and it took me years to figure this out . Years spent smelling everything . But the advent of computers changed everything , access to information unending . I am a chypre girl through and through . When somone sends me a vintage chypre that I have never smelled - well you know the feeling if you are reading perfume blogs .
Some vintage chypres I discovered over the summer just blew me away !
Cardin de Cardin - the first fragrance from the house of Pierre Cardin, launched in 1976.
notes :
top -citrus, aldehydes, bergamot, clove and cumin.
heart - roses, ylang-ylang and jasmine oak and cedar.
base  - amber, civet, musk, labdanum, moss, sandalwood and vetiver
 Thank you Brian Pera for sending me a little of this . It is all gone now , and I am hoping for more...



Sinan by Jean-Marc Sinan - launched in 1984.
 notes:
top - coriander, bergamot, brazilian rosewood, aldehydes and green notes
heart - carnation, iris, jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, rose and lily-of-the-valley
base - vetiver, musk, patchouli, oak moss, amber and incense.
Another from Brian , searching for more of this  .



Armani for her by Giorgio Armani( original sometimes called Black ) -  launched in 1982.
notes :
top - aldehydes, pineapple, mint, galbanum, marigold and bergamot; middle notes are cyclamen, tuberose, orchid, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin, oakmoss and cedar.
Melissa sent me a decant , and I loved it so much I swapped for her bottle . This is more oriental than chypre , a heavy hitter that I love to wear to bed , as I can still smell it in the morning . A perfect rainy day scent for fall . Like today , it's raining as it should in the NW . 100% chance of rain for the next 12 hours , 100% chance I will be wearing Armani for her .



Azzaro Couture 2008   ( re-orchestration of original Azzaro from 1975 )
absolutes of: mimose, May rose, iris, ambrette seed and galbanum . Again , Brian the enabler . I dislike this recreation of the original Azzaro , which I loved - a delicate white bouquet ( see below ) .

From Fragrantica : Azzaro by Azzaro launched in 1975. Top notes are aldehydes, gardenia and fruity notes; middle notes are orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose; base notes are amber, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, benzoin and styrax. I have a mini bottle of this which I adore , it is very
feminine and light hearted , I don't get the base notes at all .


Others scents I will be writing about in the near future -

Guerlain Chamade , Rosarium Blends Pan # 1 , a limited edition , Bogue Maai , and a new release coming soon from AbdesSallam Attar centered around orris and his most expensive creation to date . Stay tuned !
 

6 comments:

Asuen said...

I am delighted with your writing that discusses about perfumes,. But it's a pity you are currently inactive. I hope you can start writing activities in this blog.
Regard.
Katalog Harga

Unknown said...

I like your blogs very much, I always do. And I am so excited to share this experience with your readers. I just recently tried Women's Perfume from Perfumora.com and it was out of this world but this one that you mentioned is next on my list.

The Perfumist said...

If you want to buy kashmir musk perfume, then visit The Perfumist

The Perfumist said...

The Perfumist is offering best animalistic perfume in USA which also includes different type of perfume and oil.

Clipping Path said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

Sohbet odaları said...

Sohbet
Mobil sohbet
Chat
Sohbet odaları