Thursday, September 18, 2008

Florence , Italy Part 8 Friday

Friday in Florence...the week has flown as I knew it would . We fly out tomrrow and it is far too soon to leave....but for today we have BIG plans , all of those things not yet done must be done today .
I am Sad .

I am Elated .

I have a list.
Our first appointment is at 9:30 at the fabulous I Profumi di Firenze store , Spiezeria Palazzo Vecchio in the heart of old Firenze .
Very soon it gets very crowded in this tiny little shop . Floor to ceiling shelves are filled with exotic Italian toiletries . Most notably the I Profumi di Firenze fragrances available nowhere else , in the extrait concentration in tiny little bottles . My budget does not allow...
I gaze in confusion , and go out into the shady piazza for air , ( damn hot flashes , er , power surges ) . Bettina joins me , it must be our shared German blood . Often we wanted to do the same things at the same time . So we wander off....
I have wanted to visit Rinascente department store , so we go in that direction , Bettina navigating . I have been lost since I got here , so I just follow the group , for good or ill...



No comments: