Monday, November 23, 2009

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Vintage Patchouly

The Captain loves patchouli . He's a big guy , big enough to pull off wearing patchouli too . If I can remind him to spray his chest before he puts his shirt on , and not to get it on his hands , I too enjoy patchouli when he wears it . Bois 1920 is a very-vanilla patchouli , but I like it when he wears that . Lorenzo Villoresi Patchouli means business for the first few minutes , it's as earthy as they come , but then settles into musty sweetness . Les Neriedes Patchouli is nice , not too head-shoppy .

Dawn of course has done her own interpretation of Patchouli , which I am sniffing today .
( In case you are wondering , this is the end of my DSH series . There are so many to love , I hope you have a chance to explore some of Dawn's fragrances . I have a wonderful assortment of samples .

On skin , Vintage Patchouli is chewy , dark and complex . Literally I swooned . This is not like any patchouli you have ever smelled . This is dressed in velvet and brocade , drinkiing 30 year port and eating dark truffles rolled in cocoa...I thought I had already found my favorite DSH fragrance , but this one just nudged it's way to the top ! Boozy , powdery , earthy , resinous... and about much more than just patchouli !!
I have been wearing this every day .

From DSH WEbsite :
Vintage Patchouly
Nostalgic. Worldly. Belle Epoque.
Inspired by the "Orientalist" movement and turn of the century perfumes, Vintage Patchouly gives a warm and ambery resonance to a traditional Patchouli perfume. It also has the rich density of 'Vintage Perfumes' featured in the drydown.
Composition*
Top notes:
Bergamot, Rosewood (bois de rose)
Middle notes:
East Indian Patchouli, Moroccan Rose Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood
Base notes:
Amber, Ambergris, Australian Sandalwood, Benzoin, Ciste Absolute, Himalayan Cedar, Moss, Tobacco Absolute

5 comments:

queen_cupcake said...

This sounds like my kind of fragrance! I am definitely going to try some DSH's; I'll drop a line to Santa...

Love the patchwork, too.

waftbyCarol said...

E-mail me your adress .
Yeah , I love crazy quilts !

waftbyCarol said...

E-mail me your adress .
Yeah , I love crazy quilts !

queen_cupcake said...

Carol, I received the samples--they are great. Thanks so much!

ggs said...

You didn't get to try Cimabue? That's one of my favorites. I'm sending you a decant ASAP, girlfriend.