Wednesday, September 22, 2010

La Via del Profumo Holy Water

image from inshallah stained glass
Simplexity is a word used by AbdesSalaam to describe some of his scents and I too would use the word -
Holy Water , for instance . Ethereal , damp , cool , yet in no way aquatic , Holy Water is dominated by frankincense to my nose . It lasted for hours , like wisps of mist following me as I went about my day .
Opening on a lush round neroli , amazing how it amps up the fruity nuances in the incense . There is an odd dirtiness to this that fascinates and keeps me sniffing . Once the neroli settles , there is a tug-of-war between the good ( innocent orange blossom ) and the evil ( dark dirty frankincense ) and I'm not sure who wins.....
notes :
neroli , orange blossom , rose , sandalwood , frankincense

3 comments:

Isa said...

Ohh, I love frankincense!! Since I tried some years ago Donna Karan Black Cashmere I have been looking for a Holy Grail incense. I like Comme des Garçons Zagorsk a lot but I have not decided if it's full bottle worthy.

Holy Water seems really good.

Unknown said...

I love frankincense too. And orange blossom. This is another on the list of things to try.

pheromones attract women said...

It is interesting thank you so much for bringing up this. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

cletsey